location6160 Warren Pwky, Suite 100, Frisco, TX 75034
Call for a Free Consultation


Allen Child Custody Lawyer

Allen TX child custody attorney

Attorney for Legal and Physical Custody of Children in Divorce and Family Law Cases in Collin County, TX

There are many different types of situations in which parents may need to address matters related to the custody of their children. These issues most commonly arise when married parents choose to get a divorce, but child custody cases may also involve unmarried parents who have split up after cohabitating or situations where the paternity of a child may need to be established. When determining how to share custody of children, parents will need to make sure they are focusing on protecting their children's best interests, and the best way to do so is by securing representation from a family law attorney.

If you need to resolve matters related to child custody, the Law Office of Philip W. Moore, Jr., P.C. can provide you with skilled and dedicated legal help. We have more than 20 years of legal experience, and we can help you understand your rights and the issues that may play a role in your case. We will work with you and your child's other parent to reach agreements on how you will share the responsibilities of raising your children, while also determining the amount of time children will spend with each parent and addressing any other matters related to your children's best interests.

Child Custody Cases in Texas

Most of the time, family courts in Texas presume that it is in children's best interests for parents to serve as "joint managing conservators." In these cases, parents will share equal responsibility in making decisions for their children, and these decisions may address important issues such as the education children will receive, the forms of medical treatment that will be necessary to ensure that they can maintain proper health, whether they will attend church or receive religious training, and the types of activities they will participate in.

With joint managing conservatorship, parents will usually share legal custody of children. However, there may be some cases where it would be appropriate for one parent to have sole conservatorship or legal custody. In addition to addressing these issues, parents will also need to determine how to handle physical possession and visitation. Typically, one parent will have the right to decide where a child will primarily live, and this parent is known as the "custodial" parent. The "non-custodial" parent will have the right to spend time with the child on a regular basis, and a child visitation and possession order will be created detailing the schedules for when a child will stay in each parent's home.

In addition to working with parents to negotiate child custody orders, we can help address other custody-related issues, including the rights of fathers, proposed relocations by either parent, substance abuse issues that could affect the children and much more. We will sit down with you to discuss your needs so that we can develop the best possible strategy for getting you the favorable outcome you deserve.

Contact a Child Custody Attorney in Allen, TX

For more information about the Law Office of Philip W. Moore, Jr., P.C. and how we can help with your child custody dispute, contact our office. Call 972-954-6455 to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with a member of team today. We serve families in Allen and throughout Collin County.

Back to Top