location6160 Warren Pwky, Suite 100, Frisco, TX 75034
Call for a Free Consultation


The Colony Family Law Attorney

The Colony family law firm

Lawyer for Divorce and Child Custody in Denton County, Texas

Decisions related to your marriage and children are often very personal, and it is understandable that you would want to keep these matters private as much as possible. However, the reality is that sometimes these decisions require the involvement of the Texas court system. If you are dealing with legal matters like divorce, child custody, child support, or paternity, it is important that you do everything in your power to ensure a positive outcome for yourself and your children.

One way to improve your standing in a Texas family law matter is to work with an experienced attorney who understands how to handle the issues you are facing. At the Law Office of Philip W. Moore, Jr., we have practiced law in Texas for 20 years, and we are committed to representing clients in The Colony and the surrounding areas in their efforts to protect their interests and achieve satisfying resolutions in their divorce and family law cases.

Legal Representation For Family Law Matters in The Colony

If you need assistance with any of the following matters, we can guide you through the appropriate legal procedures and help you execute a strategy to achieve your goals and priorities.

  • Divorce - We can represent you in your efforts to end your marriage. We have extensive experience addressing financial issues like property division, alimony, and high-asset divorce concerns like businesses and retirement savings, as well as child-related issues like custody, visitation, and support.
  • Child custody - Whether during a divorce or when your child is born outside of marriage, we can help you create a parenting plan that protects your child's interests and work to ensure it is approved by the court.
  • Child support - Whether you are the paying or receiving parent, we can help you prepare the necessary information about your finances and your child's needs so the court can issue an appropriate child support order.
  • Paternity - If your child is born outside of wedlock, we can help you take the necessary steps to establish legal paternity for the purposes of securing child support or exercising your parental rights.
  • Adoption - We can guide you through the legal adoption process, especially in cases involving stepchild and grandchild adoptions.
  • Family violence - We represent victims of domestic violence in their efforts to ensure their safety and security through a protective order.
  • Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements - Before or during your marriage, we can help you draft or review an agreement to protect your community and separate property interests.
  • Order modifications - We can help you update your divorce decree, your child support order, or your parenting plan after a substantial change in circumstances related to your child's needs or your financial resources.
  • Order enforcement - We help you take legal action to enforce a family court order when your spouse or your child's other parent fails to pay support or comply with your parenting plan.

For many of these matters, you have the ability to choose the resolution method that works best for you. We can represent you in amicable negotiations for an uncontested divorce or parenting agreement, or in contested litigation in a high-conflict case.

Contact a The Colony Family Lawyer Today

We strive to provide you with the family law representation you need based on your personal circumstances. If you have questions or you need immediate help, contact us today at 972-954-6455 to set up a free consultation. We serve clients in The Colony and throughout the surrounding areas in Denton County and North Texas.

Back to Top